I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, June 3, 2012

2 Years




Hi my name is Donna and I am an alcoholic and addict.
 I have 2 years this month ( 1/30) and the journey has been wonderful !! so far. Only by the Grace of a Loving God have I managed to survive One Day at a Time. I can't get enough!! Coming from me that says a lot. This is NOT my first time in the rooms. I came in the program in 1987, only to go back out in 1993.
 I shared at a meeting the other day how this time 2 years means so much to me. As I found in my draw my first 2 year coin, and I don't remember even getting it. I did not!! want to be clean and sober the first time in. I came in for all the wrong reasons. I was not drinking or using for 6 years, but I was NOT ready.

 I know that today, only because When I walked into a meeting almost 2 years ago I was tired, beat and could not stop on my own, no matter how I tried.
I knew in my heart I was ready this time. I was ready to let go and let God in. 
I did 90&90 plus.   I wasn't working at the time and I thank God for that, as I went to as many meetings as I could with my sponsor.  
I found through my youngest son how to work this dang computer , and he got me into yahoo. From there I found F.O.B.W. chat room.  I met many people in that chat room who were willing to take some time and talk to me. Even the ones that didn't I learned from them also. See, I have learned today, that I can learn from all. Take what I need from them and leave the rest. We are all here for the same reason, to stop drinking. But we all work our own program. 
What I have learned is that I am a Good Person and I am NOT a door mat.
 I have learned it is ok to express my opinion, not all might like it, but it is mine. 
 Today I try hard to be my own person. I know 1 thing, My Program comes first over everything else !! If I don't work my Program I will lose what I have gotten so far. ( and I have grown so much in this past year) Eventually (I know for me) end up drinking and using. So I keep close to the program and Keep close with my net of people and meetings (when my health is good) When I can not make face to face meetings , I have made sure I found a group on line. The group I found and I thank God for is SoberVoices. ( they are now a phone group) 
This year has not been an easy year for me. I have been very sick most of it, and had surgery but I didn't choose to drink or use over it. I used People in the program. I used the phone ( a biggie for me) I talked about my fears with people I came to trust over the past year. And you know what ???
 I GOT THROUGH IT!!! 
 I love meeting new people at meetings and listening to their story. And the plus is I always leave the meeting feeling better about me. I can NOT say enough about this wonderful fellowship and all the wonderful people I have met.


 Keep Coming Back, It Works! God Bless
ds_avalon 1/30/2001   
           



No comments:

Post a Comment