I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Topics ,"Finding who we are with out drinking", & "Complacency"




Hello everyone Donna S alcoholic here in NJ

"Finding who we are with out drinking" , for me took time...I am slow.
I didn't know how to live or for that matter who i was.
I been drinking since i was 9. I do know I am a better person.
Who am I with out a drink....Alot of things once the fog clears,and I stop fighting everything and I let go let God.
I am a responsible person.
I am faithful wife today.
I am a better mother, sister, daughter, & friend.
I am honest, kind, giving and loving.
I found out that if I dont pick up a drink, my world can be amazing.



"Complacency"...for me is when I get to busy with other things in life besides my recovery. When I start to slack off.
I am pretty active... in f2f meetings and online.
being here in this chat meeting helps me so much
and gave me a chance to do more service work which I enjoy doing. I can't keep it if I don't give it away is what i was taught when i first came in.
SO, when I stop helping out, running meetings here and f2f , thats complancy for me.
When I stop helping a new comer,
When I let up on meetings here & f2f ,
When I stop trying,
When I start letting my defects slip back in,
When I stop letting God in,
When I get up and say the heck with it , I can pray later , well later might not come.So I have to be on guard everyday, all during the day. I have health issues and it is easy for me to say I don't feel good, so I am not going to do anything today, well For me, I have to do something everyday for my recovery.I know I would go get something to drink , and If I would do that then HECK I better be doing something to aide in my recovery.
What anyone else does is not my place to say they are getting complacent. Although I do remind those I sponsor, if they get to far off track. As I know my sponsor reminds me or ask's me what I did for my recovery today. I know for me it doesn't matter how much time I have, as it is a one day at a time process.

I am so very grateful today and so very blessed

 God Bless  


No comments:

Post a Comment