I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Thursday, June 28, 2012

PROGRESSIVE GRATITUDE




Smile and remember how blessed you really are!



PROGRESSIVE GRATITUDE

Gratitude should go forward, rather than backward. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 29

I am very grateful that my Higher Power has given me a second chance to live a worthwhile life. Through Alcoholics Anonymous, I have been restored to sanity. The promises are being fulfilled in my life. I am grateful to be free from the slavery of alcohol. I am grateful for peace of mind and the opportunity to grow, but my gratitude should go forward rather than backward. I cannot stay sober on yesterday's meetings or past Twelfth-Step calls; I need to put my gratitude into action today. Our co-founder said our gratitude can best be shown by carrying the message to others. Without action, my gratitude is just a pleasant emotion. I need to put it into action by working Step Twelve, by carrying the message and practicing the principles in all my affairs. I am grateful for the chance to carry the message today!
from the book Daily Reflections


Grateful for;
having a loving , forgiving God in my life
another day
my husband
my sons
all of my family
time spent with my dad
time spent with my aunt and uncle
special friends
music
life
beautiful flowers
wildlife
a roof over my head
food in fridge and cabinets
good days
for bad days
I have hope today
being able to feel feelings
I'm sober
for so many things!
Life is wonderful no matter what!!!

Thank you all for being a part of my life,
I love you.

ds13099 

No comments:

Post a Comment