I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Topics-Unity and Attitude-my share




Hello Donna S grateful alcoholic from NJ

Tradition One—“Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon A.A. unity."

With out unity I would be drunk or dead.
I found out I cant do this alone and I need the fellowship.
I need others to help me when i am lost, not sure, feeling alone,have a question, and to help me grow along spiritual lines.
Attitude is a biggy and I always had a crumby attitude. I saw black never white.
One of the things i was told was lose the attitude
when i first came in i went to rehab and after a while we had to fill out these ditto sheets about the other people in room
out of 12 people only 1 said i didn't have an attitude , that was me
LOL
they all saw something i didn't see that's why I need unity!
Together we can get sober and stay sober alone i will die a slow death of alcoholism. and positive people in my life who will call me on my crap.
I need people to say, "ya know when i had that problem or issue i did this",
and I found those people to help me grow and I hope i am passing that on to
others.

I was told to find an attitude of gratitude which helped i had to write a gratitude list everyday and sometimes a few times if i called my sponsor and complained she said write a gratitude list. I cant even tell u how many i have written over the years and I still do it. It keeps my attitude in check.

With my focus on God and working with others keeps my attitude in check..and keeps me more balanced.

I learn so much from them they help me more then then realize.
I know today when my attitude is outta wack..i need to look at why
it is usually (always) something about me! The 4th step helped me with this as did the rest of the steps. I mean I cant just change...if i don't have any tools to change with.

I am so grateful today to u all...this site has helped me so much...

when i was a mod here my attitude stated to slip

I looked at so many others....when it got to a point where it started to effect my health I had to step down. I saw why I had such a crumby attitude and giving up the mod position helped me to grow more it just wasn't for me and i saw that which is growth in the old days i would have stayed and been miserable and kept the focus on all of you and your issues instead of looking at mine
so again my gratitude overflows as I didn't have to run away from it, instead

I grew from it!

Life is all about growing up and changing what we can...hmm... the serenity prayer☺

that's all for now

for being here and helping me today in my sobriety

♥Blessings ( share from Stepchat )

No comments:

Post a Comment