I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Friday, March 16, 2018

I Know Crazy When I See It


Step One precedes Step Two
Do crazy people know they're crazy? Schizophrenics usually say it depends on how sick they are -- their experience helps me understand why I was told "The Steps are in order for a reason."
Like all stairs, the Twelve Steps start at the bottom.
No matter how the bottom comes, I must admit that my life has become unmanageable before I can realistically expect to fix it. I need at least that little window into my own craziness.
We get here different ways. Some of us experience a "moment of clarity." Sometimes a loved one or a group of loved ones finally convinces us. Sometimes we just stumble into a situation that gobsmacks us (like the civilian who goes to a meeting just as a friend and hears his own story).
However my journey starts, I have to understand the line between sanity and the other thing, and to understand which side I'm on.
After years of denial, getting some clarity about my craziness seemed such a startling insight that I wanted to apply it everywhere! I wanted to enlighten every codependent and every alcoholic, addict, or otherwise sick person I knew, met, or even heard about.
They were sick and they needed to admit it.
Talk about crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment