I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sharing


In our fellowship, we share our troubles and we share our joys - our faults as well as our assets. We will be accepted and understood, because we are with people who are like us. We may seem very different on the surface, but underneath we are all amazingly alike.

Someone has said, "I can only know that much of myself which I have had the courage to confide to you." As we reveal ourselves to others, they act as mirrors so that we may see and understand who we are.


All of us have hidden fears and buried guilt's. Before we joined OA (any12 Step program) , we had no place to go with these negative emotions, and so we turned to unnecessary food (alcohol, drugs, gambling etc). Instead of rationally facing our worries and our hurts, we ate (drank, drugged, gambled, etc). Even when we were happy, we found it easier to eat (drink, drug, gamble,etc) than to express our joy to someone else.

Sharing our thoughts, feelings, and experiences with other people shows us who we are and helps us to accept ourselves. Those with whom we share also benefit.

Grant me courage and trust so that I may share

No comments:

Post a Comment