I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Meditation


Who's watching?

My mind jumps from one topic to another every few seconds. Some of the topics hook memories and bring on new topics. Some hook emotions and change my mood. If I pay attention to what's going on in my mind, it's like some wacko has grabbed the remote and flips the channels too fast to catch up with the action. 

I understand that this is perfectly normal.
The coolest thing about actually watching this restless switching, is to ask, "Who is doing the watching?" 


I've heard people say that prayer is talking to God and meditation is listening for God's response. Cute, but too simplistic for my taste.

I've heard people say that God is in the moment, the exact here-and-now. I get that: past and future are only my mind's constructs, so God must be wherever is left. Duh.

I have heard that God is in the quiet pause between the in-breath and the out-breath. This idea really resonates for me. When there is no thought, no emotion, no seeking, no fearing, no judging -- in that pause -- the mysterious "I" that I so rarely am rests completely in the care of my Higher Power. 

In my experience, seeking a conscious contact with my Higher Power through meditation really works.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. When I meditate I feel more connected to God the rest of the day than by any other method.

    ReplyDelete