I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Resentment- my share




Resentment causes no harm to the subject of it’s obsession, but it’s like a mental cancer to the person under its control. It’s such a threat to happiness and peace of mind that the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous mentions it in at least five places. Here’s what it has to say:


“Never forget that resentment is a deadly hazard to an alcoholic.”
 BB p.117, To Wives 

“Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear.”
 BB p.84, Into Action 

“It is plain that a life which includes deep resentment leads only to futility and unhappiness.” 
BB p.66, How It Works 

“Resentment is the ‘number one’ offender. It destroys more alcoholics than anything else. From it stem all forms of spiritual disease, for we have been not only mentally and physically ill, we have been spiritually sick.” 
BB p.64, How It Works 

‘The greatest enemies of us alcoholics are resentment, jealousy, envy, frustration, and fear.” 
BB p.145, To Employers


**************

 hello everyone   Donna S grateful alcoholic from NJ

Resentments is one i can't afford to have.... but I get them.

I had a whole pile of them before I came to AA.  I resented anyone who didn't agree with me.  I had no idea how to deal with them...and I went to 9 years of therapy.  They didn't teach me anything, except tell me  I was messed up.
DUH 
 when i came back to Alcoholics Anonymous I knew there was a solution as I seen people who i knew from when i was in 10 years earlier. So i stuck around them and found a bunch a new resentments. lol
 It wasnt until I almost went back out that I finally got someone to help me go through the 12 Steps. Who helped me to look at my part of the resentment.
How humbling to see my side and then making amends to those people.
Through time i started to change and let go of so many resentments. They all just didn't go away cuz I did the steps, I had to work on myself and honestly let it go and give it to God, who is my Higher power. My brother & dad were my biggest resentments. I didn't think I could EVER forgive them, but I did.
I am free of those resentments that kept me prisioner for most of my 47 years.
I dont really talk to my oldest brother,  but when i am around him ,I don't cringe and I can have a conversation with him.  Wow Amazing how God wroked through me, when i work on myself.
Listening to you all and how u got through resentments over the years helped as well, which brings us to unity.  With out unity there be no solution. We need each other, I found out...I can't do this alone. I tried and I failed.
I still get resentments...hey i am human and people can really be pains in the butt
but i dont stay in it like i once did.  I have to really work on it and SEE my part as there usually there. Progress not Perfection.
I am so grateful for alcoholics anonymous and the people in the rooms. With out you , I be one lost soul...probably dead by now........
 I can get through anything today with God and the help of you all!
 Blessings  
ds-1-30-99

No comments:

Post a Comment