I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Unity , Into Action



For me without the Unity of the fellowship I wouldn't be able to take the proper action needed to change and find freedom of self. It isn't easy, but I find with out Unity we have no meetings, no fellowship,  and I would probably  be dead.
 Online we have the Unity of people from all over the place and I LOVE IT.
Where 2 or more meet, we have fellowship.
I want to share on 'into action" which I didn't do right away in my sobriety.  I did some action, but I did Donna's action.... doing things my way.  I took what I wanted from the fellowship and I ran a muck with no real direction in my life... except for a few who would remind me....   but still I ran it my way. Thinking
 I deserved some happiness ,well duh, I didn't  know how to  have true happiness. So with my "into action" it got me almost drunk in my 5th year. Listening to the wrong people for what I wanted to hear. It isn't about that, it is about not sitting in a comfort zone of what I always knew . I had to step out side, and step "Into Action", redoing my step work and Applying it to my life. Finding a Higher Power and feeling the Love which I finally did, when I stopped playing the role.
 I can't take much action with out Higher Power  and I am speaking for myself here.  I live a much better peaceful life today due to following my heart not my head.
I have that freedom of bondage that tied me down for sooooo many years in and out the program and it all took was that desired willingness to step into action... do the work, feel the pain of my past and learning to let go of all that guilt, anger, bitterness, etc i had. It took UNITY of the fellowship to love me when I didn't love  myself.
I know today, God ( my Higher power) put you all here for a reason and I learn something from all of you..... I can continue to grow along spiritual lines and freedom each day . I can't go on yesterdays Action. Everyday I have to step INTO Action by  going to meetings, being active in my home group,  sharing my experience strength and hope and share  honestly how I am. I can do or try to do what they suggest and of course have contact with my sponsor and work with others.


ds 1/30/99

No comments:

Post a Comment