I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Friday, June 22, 2018

Steps From "The Three Legacies of Alcoholics Anonymous":



Though subject to considerable variation, it all boiled down into a pretty consistent procedure which comprised six steps.

These were approximately as follows:

1. We admitted that we were licked, that we were powerless over alcohol.
 
2. We made a moral inventory of our defects or sins.
 
3. We confessed or shared our shortcomings with another person in confidence.
 
4. We made restitution to all those we have harmed by our drinking.
 
5. We tried to help other alcoholics, with no thought of reward in money or prestige.
 
6. We prayed to whatever God we thought there was for power to practice these precepts.
"This was the substance of what, by the fall of 1938, we were telling newcomers. Several of the Oxford Groups' other ideas and attitudes had been definitely rejected, including any which could involve us in
theological controversy."
2001 AAWS, Inc.
Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pg. 160

No comments:

Post a Comment