I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Sponsorship


"Dr. Bob led me through all of these Steps. At the moral inventory, he brought up some of my bad personality traits or character defects, such as selfishness, conceit, jealousy, carelessness, intolerance, ill-temper, sarcasm and resentments. We went over these at great length and then he finally asked me if I wanted these defects of character taken away. When I said yes, we both knelt at his desk and prayed . . . If I live to be a hundred, this will always stand out in my mind. I wish that every A.A. could have the benefit of this type of sponsorship today." 
1976 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 292


Thought to Consider. . .

A recovering alcoholic without a sponsor is much like a ship without a rudder.
AACRONYMS

B I G   B O O K
Believing In God Beats Our Old Knowledge


No comments:

Post a Comment